About me (English)
14 years of blogging
Nickname: Tough Cookie, Drama Queen, Foodie
Make every moment count with her beautiful words and exquisite images, share her life with a sensual heart. “It’s all about Valyn” was created in 2004 and was used to share Valyn’s life of studying in London, United Kingdom. Despite her slipped disc in 2006, she still manages to discover happiness (shopping, beauty, fashion accessories) in her path through life and her transformation to a fashion blogger. After surgery for her slipped disc, she began travelling and exploring this beautiful world we love. She shares her travel journeys via photography and writing. Seven years later, unfortunately, the slipped disc relapsed. She accepted the challenges that come her way cheerfully, optimistically and bravely. Living a life she loves passionately, she inspires and leads her readers about life.
During a 21 days self-drive road trip in the United States, Bahamas and Cuba, she raised a charity fund in her blog. Then she donated the money by sponsoring a second child with World Vision.
She was a travel columnist for China Press in Malaysia, currently is a travel contributor to Travellution, the First Travel, Cuisine & Fashion Chinese Magazine in Singapore.
The Best Lifestyle Blog of Singapore Blog Awards 2015
The Best Fashion Blog of Singapore Blog Awards 2011 & 2012
The Best Malaysia’s Fashion Trend Blog 2010 & 2012
The Best Malaysia’s Food Blog 2011
Was invited as a guest by Hong Kong TVB Women’s Fashion Show, ASTRO Malaysia version of All Things Girl. Shared her beauty experience in using Bio Oil with Hong Kong actresses Elena Kang, Priscilla Wong and Joyce Tang.
Was invited as a guest by Malaysia’s CITYPlus FM in We’re Travelling program《我们旅行中》 to share her travel thoughts and inspiration.
After Valyn’s British husband moved his career path to Singapore, she followed his steps to relocate from London to Singapore with their Lionhead rabbit, Kimchibaby. Her slipped disc gradually recovered and she continues to enjoy her life with travelling and fashion. Love life.
- Invited to We’re Travelling program《我们旅行中》 of Malaysia’s CITYPlus FM and shared her travel thoughts and inspiration.
- Invited to ONFM Internet radio 《拉咖来哈拉》 to share her traveller’s tips.
- Participated 4D3N Ecotourism Media Tour organized by Malaysian Perak Tourism Authority in Ipoh, Kuala Kangsar and Royal Belum State Park.
- Participated 3D2N Ecotourism Tour organized by Bintan Lagoon Resort in Bintan Island, Indonesia.
- Participated 3D2N Food Tour organized by DoubleTree Hilton JB, Malaysia.
- Began as a travel contributor since September to Travellution, the First Travel, Cuisine & Fashion Chinese Magazine in Singapore.
- Participated KKday Korea Namiseom Island, Petite France, Gangchon Rail Bike Tour.
- Participated 4D3N Yoga Retreat Tour organized by Tanjung Jara Resort at Terengganu, Malaysia.
- Participated 4D3N Mountain Bike Media Tour of Gunung Daik Festival organized by Indonesia’s Lingga Regency.
- Participated 4D3N Media Tour of Xiamen Airlines direct flights from Singapore to Xiamen organized by China Xiamen Tourism Bureau.
- Invited to We’re Travelling program《我们旅行中》 of Malaysia’s CITYPlus FM and shared about Royal Belum State Park, the world’s oldest rainforest believed to have been in existence for over 130 million years.
- Invited as special interviewee by Singapore’s Food Magazine, Gourmet Living.
Treatment and a long process of rehabilitation. Although suffered a long-term pain and discomfort due to her slipped disc, the physical suffering did not stop her spreading her wings. Began with light local travel, she managed to find the courage and confidence to travel alone. Unexpectedly, Valyn’s sharing in her blog and social media received many encouragements from netizens, created more positive energy and vibes which makes her heart blossom.
- Participated Sungai Lembing Gambang Media Tour organized by Mangala Resort and SPA, a resort located in Pahang, Malaysia.
- Participated in PIKNIK Super Flea 2.0.
- Started her personal training, focused on her lower back pain issues. She spent most of the time on rehabilitation, kept active and reduced sedentary blogging. In August 2016, she returned and settled down in London with her husband.
- Interviewed by Malaysia’s Chinese Newspaper, China Press shared about the most embarrassing moment of a travel blogger in using a restroom on plane.
- Adopted her Lionhead rabbit, Kimchibaby.
- Invited as a guest by Hong Kong TVB Women’s Fashion Show, ASTRO Malaysia version’s All Things Girl in 2015. Shared her beauty experience in using Bio Oil with Hong Kong actresses Elena Kang, Priscilla Wong and Joyce Tang.
- Invited by Malaysia’s interior design magazine, Creative Home and shared about “Passionate Journey” of a travel blogger.
- Expressed gratitude to netizens by organizing a “3 Days Limited Thanksgiving”, posted more than hundreds of Penang Moon Tree 47 postcards for the readers and netizens who had been encouraging her.
- Participated 3D2N Media Tour to Migme WTA Finals, Singapore.
- Participated in one day tour of Singapore River Explore by Xplore SG.
- Participated 3D2N Food Tour organized by KL Majestic Hotel, Malaysia.
- Participated Food Tour organized by Majestic Malacca, Malaysia.
- Awarded The Best Lifestyle Blog of Singapore Blog Awards 2015.
- Shortlisted as the finalist of The Best Fashion Blog of Singapore Blog Awards 2015.
- Organized two “Sonny Angel Fan Sharing Sessions” with Christmas Party theme in Penang Island and Campus Party Theme in Butterworth, Penang.
Suffered recurrence of the slipped disc after a car accident during September in Malacca. Again, this incident stopped her from travelling. After consultation with her attending doctor in Singapore, she decided not to go for any surgery and opt for natural healing this time around.
- Attended 3D2N Australia International Bloggers Conference. The only Chinese-writing media from Malaysia.
- Participated 2D1N Australia Whitsunday Islands Media Tour.
- Participated 5D4N Beach Resort Tour organized by Tanjung Jara Resort at Terengganu, Malaysia.
- Participated 10D9N Charity Tour to South Africa organized by World Vision to visit her adopted child.
- 21 days self-drive road trip in the United States, Bahamas and Cuba (total of 3652km), she raised a charity fund through her blog and managed to collect RM1750 in donations. This money was donated to those who need it by sponsoring a second child with Worldvision.
- Invited to write for Malaysia’s Travel Magazine, Let’s Travel. She wrote about the beauty of Malaysia: Tow Boo Kong Temple Butterworth.
- Invited as the judge of Singapore Blog Awards.
- Participated 5D4N Media Tour of Tiger Air’s first direct flight from Singapore to Kalibo Boracay organized by Philippine Department of Tourism.
- Participated 6D5N Charity Tour to India organized by World Vision to visit sponsored child.
- Participated in a Travel Notes Blogging organized by Philippine Department of Tourism. Defeated another 10 Singaporean bloggers and won the champion. Invited by Philippine Department of Tourism again to enjoy a 5D4N Birthday Tour to Boracay for two.
- Interviewed by Malaysia’s Chinese newspaper, Oriental Daily and shared about her thoughts in technology edition.
- Interviewed by Malaysia’s Radio Station, Ai FM for winning The Best Fashion Blog of Singapore Blog Awards 2012.
- “Who’s That Hottie: Valyn Lim”, an exclusive interviewed by Singapore’s fashion and trendy network, Wardrobe.Trends.Fashion.
- Interview by Malaysia’s Chinese newspaper, Guang Ming Daily to share her blogger stories.
- Won The Best Fashion Blog of Singapore Blog Awards 2012.
- Won The Best Malaysia’s Fashion Trend Blog 2012.
- Interviewed by Malaysia’s Fashion Magazine, ifeel (issue October).
- Interviewed by Malaysia’s Chinese newspaper, Kwong Wah Yit Poh in its feature edition.
- Interviewed by Singapore’s Media OMY about the winners of Singapore Blog Awards.
- Won The Best Fashion Blog of Singapore Blog Awards 2011.
- Won The Best Malaysia’s Food Blog 2011.
- Interviewed by Podcast, Lonely Classroom.
- Interviewed by Malaysia’s Chinese newspaper, Oriental Daily and shared about the lifelong learning of bloggers.
- Interviewed by Malaysia’s Radio Station, Ai FM for winning The Best Malaysia’s Fashion Trend Blog 2010.
- Won The Best Malaysia’s Fashion Trend Blog 2010.
Three years later, Valyn finally returned to London. This was her first long haul journey after the spine surgery. From sickbed to recover, she gradually began to travel around the world, explored the journey she never thought, and continue to pursue her dreams.
- Interviewed by Malaysia’s Chinese newspaper, Sin Chew Daily.
- Reported by WeClick123 in its weekly blogger list.
- Shortlisted as the finalist of The Best Malaysia’s Fashion Trend Blog 2009.
During the rehabilitation of her slipped disc, Valyn began her online shopping business. In early September, she started with domestic journey and gradually expanded her travel route.
- Shortlisted as the finalist of The Best Malaysia’s Fashion Trend Blog 2008.
No improvement after physiotherapy, lost her health and freedom of movement. The worst phrase in the life. Draw attention to blogging, started her first beauty post to cheer herself up.
Became a software developer, and a Londoner who works with technology daily in a software company.
Lower back pain increased and both legs experienced inconvenience movement. One day, Valyn woke up paralyzed on the bed. Unstoppable tears due to the chronic pain. At this time, she decided to return to her hometown, Penang for treatment.
Postgraduate’s student in London, United Kingdom. She studied MSc Software Engineering in King’s College London, very sensitive to the development of science and technology.
No snowfall during that time, it was a cold winter. It was her first winter in a foreign country, a poor student hidden in the London University dormitory, to play MSN and started her first blog post. This was her dream, to further studies in the European.